Can I get group violin lessons?
We offer small group tuition on a Saturday morning in our Beginner Violin Ensemble. We recommend students spend no longer than two terms in the Beginner Ensemble. From here they may join the Mini String Ensemble or commence one-to-one lessons.
Group lessons have a number of benefits:
- Affordability: The cost for a Beginner Violin Ensemble is around $105 per term (with a guaranteed 8 weeks this equates to around $13 per half hour and includes the hire of the violin).
- Interest: The group lesson environment is very interactive and can increase the level of interest of the individual students. Students are also better able to communicate with peers and this also increases their interest in the lesson.
- Confidence: By taking turns and contributing to the lesson, students develop a sense of responsibility within the group. This is especially observed in ensemble playing. Contributing to a group dynamic by playing in an ensemble can have far reaching benefits in other areas of students' daily lives.
- Peer Learning Dynamic: When students are able to play together, they not only learn from the violin teacher but also from each other. Some students learn faster when they feel there is a level of competitiveness with other students.
- Socialization: Learning an instrument, especially in the beginning, can be a lonely pursuit. Learning in a group environment is more sociable and fun for young beginners and will improve their social skills in all areas of their daily lives, not just in violin lessons.
The Central Coast Conservatorium operates to NSW Department of Education School Gazetted Term dates
Tuesday 28/1 to Thursday 9/4
(Saturday Strings concludes 4 April)
Monday 27/4 to Saturday 4/7
(Saturday Strings concludes 27 June)
Monday 20/7 to Saturday 26/9
(Saturday Strings concludes 19 September)
Monday 12/10 to Saturday 19/12
(Saturday Strings concludes 12 December)
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.