REQUIREMENTS FOR 2019 SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
STRINGS, GUITAR, PIANO
- Two contrasting works. (According to the grade level of the student)
- Technical work (ALL from Memory):
- 3 major scales
- 3 melodic minor scales
- 3 harmonic minor scales
- 3 arpeggios – major
- 3 arpeggios – minor
WOODWIND & BRASS
- Two contrasting works (must include piano accompaniment)
- Total audition time should be 10 minutes (Junior students) or 15 minutes (Senior students)
- Two contrasting works:
- For drum kit - two different styles of music (eg. rock, jazz, Latin, etc);
- For orchestral percussion – to include one piece on mallet percussion, the other may be on snare drum, timpani, mallet percussion or multiple percussion. Ideally at least one piece should be accompanied on piano or marimba.
- Technical work comprising of:
- Drum kit - four rudiments OR a rudimental study;
- Orchestral percussion - one major and one minor scale, OR a rudimental study.
- Two (2) contrasting songs with:
- For classical – piano accompaniment and sung with natural voice
- For contemporary – backing track and use of microphone
- One (1) major scale
- One (1) minor scale
- One (1) arpeggio
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL AUDITIONS
- General presentation and performance etiquette will be taken into consideration (ie. proper concert performance dress is required at auditions)
- Applicants must bring their own backing CD to the audition (if applicable)
- An accompanist will be made available on the 15th September. Rehearsals can be booked directly with the accompanist. The name(s) of accompanists will be provided shortly.
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.