Each year the Central Coast Conservatorium receives limited funds for Scholarships under the general heading of fee relief. On 2nd September 2017 we will be auditioning Central Coast Conservatorium students for scholarships applied in 2018.
Scholarships have specific criteria and it is essential that you understand the criteria before you apply. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will have been identified through a competitive process as a student with noteworthy potential. These scholarships are awarded to further your study at the Central Coast Conservatorium.
NB. SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS are encouraged to participate in a 60 minute one-to-one weekly lesson for Senior students or 30 minutes plus a weekly ensemble for Junior students, for the full year of the Scholarship (ie. ten lessons per term for four terms). Piano and vocal students may take the option of an additional related weekly activity with approval from the Artistic Director (for example, Vocal students may take piano lessons or join the Choir, Piano students may join choir, or additional musicianship class).
CRITERIA FOR 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Scholarships will be applied to the students’ Fees Account as follows:
- Instrument Scholarships will be awarded in Term 4, 2018
- Encouragement Awards will be applied in Term 1, 2018
- The Allen Family Scholarship will be applied in Terms 3 & 4 of 2018
2. Applicants must be
- Currently enrolled at Central Coast Conservatorium as one-to-one students; and
- Attending a minimum half hour weekly lessons; and
- Juniors should be aged 13 or under as at September 2nd 2017
- Seniors should be aged 14 to 25 as at September 2nd 2017
3. Professional musicians are not eligible.
4. Scholarships are for current Central Coast Conservatorium students only.
5. Scholarships will not be awarded if the adjudicator deems that all candidates are not of a sufficient standard.
6. Scholarships will not be awarded to students with outstanding fees.
7. Central Coast Conservatorium reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship at any time should a student fail to demonstrate commitment or if any of the scholarship conditions are not met.
8. Scholarship winners from the previous year are ineligible to apply for the same scholarship this year.
9. Students may apply for more than one scholarship but may only be awarded one scholarship per instrument in any given year.
10. Auditions will be conducted at Central Coast Conservatorium at times set by the Artistic Director.
11. The Conservatorium will notify you of your accompanist for the audition day. The cost for the accompanist for the audition will be covered by Central Coast Conservatorium. However, the accompanist’s costs for rehearsals must be covered by the student.
12. Times and dates for auditions cannot be changed under any circumstances.
13. The decision of the adjudicator(s) will be final and no dialogue or correspondence will be entered into.
14. Requirements for scholarship auditions are listed above, are obtainable from instrumental tutors, and will also be displayed on notice boards at the Conservatorium and on our website.
15. Scholarships will be awarded following the auditions and no later than 15th September (with the exception of the Allen Family Scholarship).
16. Finalists for the Allen Family Scholarship will perform at the Presentation Day on Sunday November 19th at Greenway Memorial Chapel, Green Point. The winners will be announced following the auditions on that day.
17. Finalists for the Bouddi Society Woodwind Scholarships will perform at Wagstaffe Community Hall at 2pm on 22nd October 2017. The winners will be announced following the auditions on that day. Past year’s winners will also be invited to perform at this Scholarship Finals Concert.
18. All winners will be invited to perform at the Annual Sponsors’ Concert which will be held in July/August 2018 (date to be confirmed).
19. Irvine Family Piano Scholarship winners will be invited to perform at the Pearl Beach Scholarship Concert in May/June 2018 (date to be confirmed) and at the Pearl Beach Progress Association Glee Club Concert in August 2018 (date to be confirmed).
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.