Bouddi Foundation for the Arts offers Grants to young musicians27-Jun-2018
2018 GRANTS FOR YOUNG ARTISTS
The Bouddi Foundation for the Arts is offering grants of up to $5,000 to young artists on the Central Coast between the ages of 15 – 25.
WHAT KIND OF ART?Fields of artistic endeavour addressed by the grants program include music, the visual arts, performing arts, literature, community arts, Aboriginal arts, film, electronic arts, and craft. We are grateful to the following very generous multi-year donations from numerous private members of the community, including Graeme Anderson, family of the (late) Lee Casey, and John Bell, along with many smaller, but critical donations from members of the community.
WHAT CAN THE GRANTS BE USED FOR?The grants may be used for any purpose that advances the development of an artist’s talents including, but not limited to, the purchase of equipment and materials; tuition and education; attendance at symposia and workshops; participation in performances; membership of professional and artistic bodies; recording and publication costs.
HOW DO I APPLY?Young artists are encouraged to express their interest in receiving a grant. This can be done by
a) email to email@example.com or
b) writing to:
Bouddi Foundation for the Arts
PO Box 4081
Wagstaffe NSW 2257
WHAT DO I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION?In Microsoft Word format:
- Your full legal name, residential address, email address, phone number(s), date of birth dd/mm/yyyy, postal address if different from residential address, social media platforms you may wish to share with the committee, a photograph of the applicant (head and shoulders);
- Education details – schools attended, tertiary institutions attended, educational achievements (e.g. School Certificate, HSC, certificates);
- If under 18, the name, phone number and email address of the person signing approval of the application;
- The reason you would like a grant;
- The purpose to which the grant would be put;
- The approximate amount of the grant being sought;
- Past arts accomplishments and achievements;
- The names and contact details (especially email and phone) of up to three referees;
- A description of your ambitions for the future and how a grant would help you achieve your goals;
- Visual artists should consider attaching some examples of their work – photographs or other art work (up to 6) in jpeg format;
- Music or other performing artists should share clips using links to YouTube or Vimeo (maximum 3 videos); audio files should be in mp3 format or by way of link to SoundCloud or Dropbox (maximum 3 recordings);
- The application should include no more than 2 pages of supporting information (except for writers wishing to submit script examples in Microsoft Word format);
- Return a signed copy of the Grant Terms and Conditions Consent.
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?May 15, 2018 applications open
July 17 applications close
18 July through 30 July - assessment and shortlisting
26 August auditions at Wagstaffe Hall and Hardy’s Bay Community Church
14 October presentation of grants at Wagstaffe Hall
Shortlisted applicants may be contacted in late July to provide further information in an interview or audition. These assessments will be carried out by panels of judges with notable expertise in the applicable artistic field.
Other applicants will be advised that their application for this round was unsuccessful.
The 2018 grants will be announced by John Bell AO OBE, the Chairman of the Bouddi Foundation for the Arts, 18 November 2018.
Further information can be obtained by contacting The Bouddi Foundation for the Arts --bouddiarts.org.au or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or Joy Park on 0448 436028 or Phil Donnelly on 4360 1057 or by email email@example.com.
The Bouddi Society Inc.
The Bouddi Foundation for the Arts is a tax-deductible fund listed on the Australian Government’s Register of Cultural Organisations maintained under Subdivision 30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
The Central Coast Conservatorium operates to NSW Department of Education School Gazetted Term dates
1-1 Lessons Wed 27/1 to Thur 1/4
Sat Strings Ensembles Sat 6/2 - Sat 26/3
CCYO & Ext program Tue 9/2 - Tue 30/03
PWE & SWO Wed 10/2 - Wed 31/03
Monday 19/4 to Saturday 26/06
Monday 12/7 to Saturday 18/09
Monday 05/10 to Saturday 18/12
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.