Great Gains being made at Central Coast Conservatorium26-Aug-2020
- Re-roofing of the entire building including guttering
- Restoration of the sandstone cells in the oldest part of the building, addressing water / mould issues addressed, new skylights, floor coverings, painting, sliding doors and upgraded services.
- Removal of the trees in preparation for the rectification of the sandstone wall.
- Rectification of the front sandstone wall and wrought iron fence, gates and gas lamp archway. This will involve careful removal of all stones in the wall, cataloguing them, cleaning with hand tools, reconstructing into a wall with lime rich mortar, repointing where required and installing drainage behind the wall. The ironwork will be carefully removed, cleaned and painted in epoxy. This is due to commence in the week of 7 September with specialist sandstone masons, Sydney Sandstone.
- Interior restoration of the old offices on the Northern side of the building.
- Lodging the DA for alterations to the existing building (new foyer entry, new awnings & additions at the front of the building) and additions at the back of the site including new teaching studios and amenities foyer.
- Architect - FABRIC Architecture (Toowoon Bay)
- Accessibility Consultant - Lindsay Perry Access (Toowoon Bay)
- Heritage Consultant - RKH Heritage (Pearl Beach)
- Acoustic - PKA (Gosford)
- Builder - Buterim L'Estrange (West Gosford)
- Engineering - NorthRop (Erina)
- Roofing - Principal Roofing (Tuggerah)
The Central Coast Conservatorium operates to NSW Department of Education School Gazetted Term dates
1-1 Lessons Wed 27/1 to Thur 1/4
Sat Strings Ensembles Sat 6/2 - Sat 26/3
CCYO & Ext program Tue 9/2 - Tue 30/03
PWE & SWO Wed 10/2 - Wed 31/03
Monday 19/4 to Saturday 26/06
Monday 12/7 to Saturday 18/09
Monday 05/10 to Saturday 18/12
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.