The Bouddi Society Endangered Instrument Scholarship
Ollia Walters, Endangered Instrument Scholarship student, with Stephanie Cooper, CC Con Oboe Teacher
Through the generous support of The Bouddi Society, we are able to offer this scholarship to provide affordable lessons over the four terms of 2018. This scholarship covers 50% of lesson fees, an instrument and ensemble. Details are below:
The Endangered Instrument Scholarship is for new students, or students currently enrolled at Central Coast Conservatorium who are learning an instrument other than the Oboe, Bassoon or French Horn. Its purpose is to bring on eligible students to fill positions for these less popular instruments, in the Central Coast Youth Orchestra, the Symphonic Wind Orchestra and the Primary Wind Ensemble.
- Students must enroll at Central Coast Conservatorium and abide by the Terms & Conditions of enrolment.
- The Scholarship is for 50% of the lesson fee for the four terms in 2018. The lesson length can be half hour, ¾ hour or one hour per week.
- Successful students will also be assessed for their eligibility to join one of our Premier Ensembles. If the student is deemed suitable for the ensembles program, the cost of the ensemble will also be covered by the Scholarship.
- Should the successful student require an instrument on loan, the Scholarship will also cover the hire cost of the instrument. The care and insurance of any instrument supplied by Central Coast Conservatorium shall be the student’s responsibility. The instrument must be returned at the completion of the four terms.
- The successful student must pay their portion of the lesson fee up front and attend the full four terms in 2018.
- Should a scholarship be awarded and at some later stage it is found that the student no longer satisfies the scholarship criteria, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.