Central Coast Primary Wind Ensemble
The Central Coast Primary Wind Ensemble (CCPWE), also known as Super Band, is a musical extension program for primary school aged student musicians who play woodwind, brass or percussion instruments on the NSW Central Coast.
Super Band is one of the Conservatorium's Premier Ensembles and aims to complement and enhance the learning and performance experiences gained in school band programs. Working with exceptional conductors and music educators, this program challenges students who love playing their instrument and have already gained a high degree of musical proficiency at a young age.
Super Band provides students with opportunities for extension as they:
- Rehearse and perform repertoire of a very high standard
- Perform in professional and public venues including our annual invitation to the Northern Sydney Symphonic Wind Ensemble (NSSWE) Spring Music Festival at the beautiful Concourse Concert Hall in Chatswood
- Develop their musical skills and talent under the direction of highly qualified and dedicated conductors
- Share their love of music with like-minded peers through social interaction and engagement
Prepare for Auditions
Students are required to play one scale and 1 or 2 pieces of music of their choice that demonstrates their current playing level and skills.
Please email any enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 4324 7477.
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information on music ensemble events.
Join an Ensemble
- Community Ensembles
- Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Guitar Ensembles
- Jazz Ensemble
- Percussion Ensemble
- Premier Ensemble
- Saturday Strings
The Central Coast Conservatorium operates to NSW Department of Education School Gazetted Term dates
Tuesday 28/1 to Thursday 9/4
(Saturday Strings concludes 28 March)
Monday 27/4 to Saturday 4/7
(Saturday Strings concludes 27 June)
Monday 20/7 to Saturday 26/9
(Saturday Strings concludes 19 September)
Monday 12/10 to Saturday 19/12
(Saturday Strings concludes 12 December)
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.