Central Coast Symphonic Wind Orchestra
CCSWO is one of the Conservatorium's Premier Ensembles and aims to complement and enhance the learning and performance experiences gained in school band programs by further challenging students who have gained a high degree of musical proficiency.
This program provides students with the following opportunities:
- Rehearse and perform repertoire of a very high standard
- Perform in professional and public venues including our annual invitation to the Northern Sydney Symphonic Wind Ensemble (NSSWE) Spring Music Festival at the beautiful Concourse Concert Hall in Chatswood
- Develop their musical skills and talent under the direction of highly qualified and dedicated conductors
- Share their love of music with like-minded peers through social interaction and engagement
- Rehearsals: Wednesday 5:30 -7:30pm
Term 1 Dates: Wednesday 10 February 2021 - Wednesday 31 March 2021
Director: Patrick Brennan
Location: Presbyterian Church, 14 Young Street, West Gosford
Students are required to play one scale and 1 or 2 pieces of music of their choice that demonstrates their current playing level and skills.
Length of video audition is limited to 5 minutes.
Members of the CCSWO are eligible to join our new Conducting and Teaching Music Program. The Program offers developing young musicians the opportunity to extend their orchestral music educating in conducting and musical pedagogy. It provides essential skills and knowledge to help students develop as a musician, teach and conductor. Find out more...
If you are interested in joining the CCSWO please contact the CCCM on 4324 7477 or email@example.com
Follow the Central Coast Conservatorium of Music on Facebook for up-to-date information on music ensemble events.
Join an Ensemble
- Community Ensembles
- Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Guitar Ensembles
- Jazz Ensemble
- Percussion Ensemble
- Premier Ensemble
- Saturday Strings
The Central Coast Conservatorium operates to NSW Department of Education School Gazetted Term dates
Tuesday 28/1 to Thursday 9/4
(Saturday Strings concludes 28 March)
Monday 27/4 to Saturday 4/7
(Saturday Strings concludes 27 June)
Monday 20/7 to Saturday 26/9
(Saturday Strings concludes 19 September)
Monday 12/10 to Saturday 19/12
(Saturday Strings concludes 12 December)
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.