The cornet is part of the Brass Family. It is very similar to the trumpet, distinguished by its conical bore, compact shape, and mellower tone quality.
Lesson Types Available:
- One-to-one tuition
- Small groups (available through our schools program)
- Students of all levels are welcome.
- It is preferable for students to have their own cornet, however, cornets can be hired from Conservatorium.
Students studying at the Central Coast Conservatorium are offered the opportunity to perform in up to 2 concert practice performances each term (concert practice is an informal performance which includes masterclass style feedback from teachers) as well as in more formal end of term concerts in front of an audience of family and friends. Throughout the year, the conservatorium also hosts workshops and professional recitals for students to attend.
Students may chose to join a number of ensembles, including:
- Brass Ensemble
- Central Coast Primary Wind Ensemble
- Central Coast Symphonic Wind Orchestra
- Central Coast Youth Orchestra
Information regarding current fees is available here
More Information & Enrolment:
If you would like more information on Cornet lessons, or to enrol for lessons, please complete the following form or contact our administration office on 4324 7477.
Learn To Play
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.