- Christmas message from the Artistic Director
- Important dates for the remainder of the year
- Update on Teacher Agreements
- 2017 Enrolments
As 2016 draws to a close, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your tremendous efforts throughout the year. This has been a year of dramatic change, with Rod Bowman coming on board as our Financial Controller and consolidating our administration team. I believe we are on track to deliver an improved service in 2017 to both our in-house customers (admin staff, management board and music teachers) and our students and their families.
Thanks to Phillip Rutherford for all his hard work as the Schools Program Manager over the last five years. Phill has been responsible for building the program and bringing new schools and music teachers on board to deliver a comprehensive band and tutorial program in 15 schools on the coast. This is no small thing as the work involved is enormous. Phill is leaving this role at the end of the year (subject to a handover) as he extends his own family with the arrival of a baby due in January. I wish the Rutherfords all the best during this exciting time.
Thanks to Rosalie Bourne who worked tirelessly in the role of Program Manager for the first two terms of the year. I value Rosalie’s input as she is both a wonderful teacher/musician and a very experienced business woman. Parts of that role will fall to Lisa Kelly in the new year as her role changes from Operations to Events and Communications. Operations and Facilities will be handled by the Accounts team.
We will relocate some staff in the new year. Carl Schmidt will move from the back office to the Annex for both teaching and administering the Accredited Courses Program. E-Yang will move from the back office area in the old building to 35 Mann Street into Rod’s office so that he can have lots of room to administer the instrument hire program.
Rod and Sharon will move to 45 Mann Street so that the administration team is located in one premises. We will then be able to work more closely as we roll out a new student administration tool called ASAP which has been purpose built for NSW regional Conservatoriums. We will be bringing customers on board in Term 1 and hope to roll out the teacher side of ASAP by Term 3. Thanks to Lisa who has been managing this project throughout Term 4 this year.
We have been updating some of our facilities, in particular the student and staff toilets at 45 Mann St. By the start of Term 1 next year we will have painted and refloored the staff toilets. However these will become usable by everyone in the facility and the middle toilet will be strictly for staff only. The old brick toilets will be used as a backup only as they are deemed to be sub-standard. We will also be making some additional improvements to other common areas. As the budgets for 2017 have been set, please let Rod know if there is anything in particular you need purchased to help you deliver your program in 2017.
I wish you and your families a safe and happy holiday. I look forward to seeing you at Summer Schools or if not at the start of term from 30th January. I am off to Japan for some professional development followed by a family holiday and I will return by the 9th of January 2017. Have a great Christmas party on the 19th December and see you in 2017 !
Patrick BrennanCEO/Artistic Director
2. Important dates for the remainder of the year
- 8 December - Guitar Dept End of Year concert
- 9 December - last day for submission of Student Reports
- 10 December - last day for Saturday Strings
- 10 December - Small Ensembles Concert & Woodwind Showcase Concert
- 11 December - Triple Threat End of Year concert
- 12 December - Vocal Department "Contemporary" concert
- 13 December - Vocal Department "Contemporary" concert #2
- 13 December - Piano Department End of Year concert
- 16 December - last day of teaching
- 17 December - Gareth Szakos Recital
- 19 December - fire training, stress relief workshop & Christmas party/concert
- 19, 20 and 21 December - makeup lessons available
- Friday 27 January 2017 - Staff & Teachers Orientation Day
- Monday 30 January 2017 - teaching commences
3. Updates on Teacher Agreements
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.