Summer School 15-18 January 2018
- Open to Everyone!
- Four Days of fun ensemble strings tuition and musical games
- Suitable for beginners to advanced levels - 4 levels of ensembles
- Morning and afternoon tea supplied (BYO lunch)
- Beginner Violin class - Learn to play violin in 4 days! (we can supply an instrument if necessary)
- Children’s classes for 5-8 y.o.
OPTION ONE - Learn to Play the Violin in 4 Days - 4 x mornings - PAY HEREDesigned for total beginners as a fun and condensed introduction to violin playing, classes run in the mornings as part of the Strings Summer School. Students may also add the Children’s Music Program in the afternoons to make a full day of musical fun OR students may opt to only attend this morning session to Learn the Violin in 4 Days.
OPTION TWO - Four full Days of Strings Tuition - PAY HEREFor students who have been learning their stringed instrument for some time, join in one of our graded ensembles for group tuition, and final performance. As per the Saturday Morning Strings Program, there will be four levels:
1. Mini String EnsembleSuitable for students able to play in first position and who have started reading notes. This group will be practicing fun catchy tunes with piano accompaniment.
2. Junior String OrchestraIn Junior String Ensemble, students will learn how to play together as a group, how to follow the conductor, refining bow strokes and sight reading up to 3rd position.
3. Senior String OrchestraIn Senior String Orchestra, students will enjoy challenging repertoire where the emphasis is towards technical perfection and musical interpretation.
4. CC Chamber OrchestraCentral Coast Chamber Orchestra is our top ensemble. Students are trained to play without a conductor. The emphasis is on musical imagination and interpretation. This group will include musicians preparing for Opera in the Arboretum in March 2018.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES:We will also offer instrument specific technique classes and general improvisation classes for Junior String Orchestra, Senior String Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra groups, where students work together on specific technical games and exercises and on techniques for improvisation.
OPTION THREE - 4 x full days of fun in the Children’s Music Summer School - PAY HEREFor students from 5 to 8 years old, we offer this four day summer school based on our popular Children’s Music Program (CMP), developed by a team of highly specialised teachers experienced in the field of early childhood education.
In the mornings we will practice songs and singing games, chants & rhymes, beat and rhythm activities, percussion instruments and craft.
In the afternoons, we will form the CMP Summer School Choir and the Junkyard Orchestra and these two groups will perform at the concert at the end of the four days. All instruments will be supplied for the Children’s Music Summer School.
OPTION FOUR: LEARN VIOLIN (Morning) and JOIN CMP (Afternoon) - PAY HERE
- Combine Learn the Violin in 4 Days with the Children’s Music Summer School
- Come along to the Learn the Violin classes in the mornings, then join the Children’s Music Summer School students in the afternoons for choir and junkyard orchestra fun!
- ** Free Concert for friends and family on Thursday 18th January 2018 at 2.00pm in the Robert Knox Hall, 45 Mann St featuring all student groups
COSTS:COST for four x FULL DAYS is $260 per student (that’s just $65 per day) and includes:
- All tuition
- Final Concert
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- String Instruments if required
- All instruments in the Children’s Music Program Summer School
- Discount on Siblings (see back)
REGISTER BY DECEMBER 8th and get the EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT PRICE of $230 (Full Days) or $120 (Half Days) Sibling Discount also available.
Please complete the registration form - we will invoice you after we receive your registration.
We seek to inspire our Central Coast community to engage in and value music as an integral part of life through comprehensive music education and artistic endeavour.