Keyboard Club is our newest program and aims to make learning the keyboard both fun and engaging through participation in small group classes.
Led by our expert music teachers Sharon Hatton and Kimberly Gilbert, this exciting new program provides students with the opportunity to build a fantastic knowledge base of musical techniques that will assist them not only with keyboard playing, but any other instruments they choose in the future.
Additionally, research has found that the skills required to play the keyboard:
- sharpen fine motor skills,
- improve hand-eye coordination,
- boosts cognitive and intellectual abilities,
- improves memory,
- increases spatial-temporal ability (which figures heavily in math and science), and
- can even make structural changes to the brain that stay with you for the rest of your life, making your brain more efficient both while playing and in extra-musical endeavours.
Keyboard Club takes place on Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings.