Instruments from the Brass family have been played in orchestras since the early 1700s. Today we see brass instruments being played solo as well as being an important element in all kinds of ensembles both large and small.
Learning and playing a brass instrument will allow you to play many types of musical styles from classical to jazz and even more contemporary music.
Instruments in the Brass Family include:
- Euphonium/Tenor Horn
The Conservatorium has expert teachers for all the instruments listed above which can be learnt on campus in a 1 to 1 setting or within our Schools Program in a group setting.
Conservatorium Brass players/students can play in the following Conservatorium ensembles listed below:
- Central Coast Youth Orchestra (CCYO) – High School to Tertiary
- Central Coast Symphonic Wind Orchestra (CCSWO) – High School
- Central Coast Primary Wind Ensemble (CCPWE) – Primary School
- Schools Program Concert Bands
- Jazz Ensemble – Unlimited
- Central Coast Concert Band (CCCB) – Community
- Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYONSW)
View Brass teachers here.